This is the way Pilates is meant to be!
If you haven’t tried it before, you will love using our Pilates Reformers, giving you a dynamic, challenging and ever-changing workout! Reformer Group Classes build strength without ”bulking up”, increases flexibility, fitness and agility, and develops optimal core control, creating flat abdominals, slender thighs and a strong back. The Pilates Group Reformer class pace is moderate yet challenging, and will heighten body awareness and provide an invigorating total body workout.
- Our equipment provides finely tuned resistance with a series of springs and pulleys.
- The springs that provide much of the resistance from the reformer are generally quite strong. There are five springs. Using only one or two of them can provide a gentler resistance depending on the exercise and the muscle being worked. Using more will increase the intensity of the workout.
- This means, in a class, your workout can be varied considerably from one person to the next, making it an incredibly versatile piece of equipment to use as a workout or rehab tool.
Reformer Pilates can be used as a sport specific cross training tool. Reformer Pilates works on core stabilisation which is vital to any athlete as well as muscle endurance, lactate tolerance, peripheral joint stability, muscle strength, balance, co-ordination and much more
Reformer Pilates is great for rehab purposes too as it allows the client to exercise in a horizontal plane of motion and not be vertically loaded and weight bearing through their legs. For example if a client has had knee surgery or a knee injury, this horizontal plane enables you to strengthen the muscles of the leg through a larger range of motion using a lighter resistance than their body weight, speeding up their recovery through controlled movement.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All sessions run for 55 minutes and advance bookings are required.
- We recommend you wear loose, comfortable exercise clothing that enables you to move freely and bring a water bottle to sip during the session.
- Footwear is not worn in the Studio, however in the interests of hygiene, clean socks are required
- If you are a beginner just let the instructor know so the can help you with extra instruction during a class,